Sunday, July 12, 2015

Week ~ 10!!

Fixing the plumbing under the sink in their apartment. 


Balut-- Eating Balut from last weeks post- Remember, the fertilized/boiled duck egg! 

Eating out an American meal on the Fourth of July!!


Hello world. Another week gone. Its kind of going fast? I guess? Haha nah its good. Pretty solid week. Wednesday was the first day of leading the area by myself! We went on exchanges and another Elder named Elder L came over and worked with me in our area. I was super nervous because I knew his English wasn't very good and it was going to be my first time leading the area. I had some set appointments for the day at various investigators houses. We went out and went to our appointments, we had our first appointment at a less active/ recent convert lady named Flordiliza. She's technically less active because she hasn't been retaught all the lessons, so that's what we have been doing. It was a good lesson. Elder L has been out for over a year, so he knows the lessons and all that. That was nice. But I taught surprisingly well! I was able to keep up on all the lessons and all that. After that we went to the S family to see if we could set up an appointment with them. Which we did, it was set for the next day with me and Elder S. 

Anyywaysssss. Our last lesson was that night at our stud of a baptismal candidate Brother J! He is being baptized this week! He is a man of great faith. Last Sunday, his house had two feet of water out of his porch, but he knew he needed to go to church. He carried all  of his kids through the flooding just so he could go to church. He also works from 12 in the afternoon Saturday, until 7 AM Sunday morning. He works all of that just so he can go to church. I felt bad for him because yesterday he was fighting a losing battle trying to stay awake in gospel principles class. He was so tired ha-ha. But he made it! He had his interview on Friday and he passed! We realized he didn't pass though.. Until later that night. Elder B our district leader called us and told us that he needs to meet with President Ostler for a passed transgression! We thought it was going to move his baptism back another week. We were very upset. Elder S and I prayed that we would know how we were gonna tell Brother J about his baptism being moved. We were nervous because he wants to get baptized so bad. He's been investigating for 9 years... So he is ready! Like an hour later Elder Bullock called us and said President Ostler doesn't need to interview him! We were so excited, we didn't have to say a word about it ha-ha. So that was awesome. We will have a completed family this Saturday! So awesome! 

Thursday we had interviews with President Ostler and Sister Ostler. Sister Ostler asked me about my family and stuff and how I was doing. No big deal. President asked me more in depth about how I was doing. He asked me how I would feel leading the area in a few weeks, because Elder S will probably be transferring. HE ASKED ME IF I WOULD BE WILLING TO TRAIN. I can't believe it. I do not feel ready to train. I still have 2 weeks left of training?! So we will see ha-ha. I'm excited though. Who knows what will happen in the coming weeks on transfer day. Should be good though. 

It was a very good week. We had a lesson with Brother J where he bore his testimony to us. This was last night. He told us of how he came to know the truth. And how he has been waiting to be baptized for 3 years now, and how he found the church 9 years ago. I may not have known all of what he said, but he got emotional, so we all know of the consequences of him crying, of course I cried. It was so awesome. The spirit was amazing. I have truly loved feeling the spirit everyday since being on my mission. Its amazing.

I have a favor from everyone, Sister Ostler asked me if any of the people who email me would be willing to email some of the Filipino missionaries in my mission. Some Elders don't get any emails from everyone at all during the week. The Elder that I live with only gets letters from his family. They can't get to a computer. So let me know if you would be willing to do that :) I will hook you up. 

I love you all. PS I went back to my pipe fitting days and fixed a pipe in our apartment ;) Courtesy of Grant for teaching me! Love ya big guy:) That's all for this week!
Elder Lambert  

No comments:

Post a Comment