Sunday, September 20, 2015

Week ~ 20


Week 2 here in Rizal! Very difficult here. And very hot! The members here are so amazing! Very active and very faithful. At least 30 of them are! We had branch conference yesterday, so the district presidency came 5 hours from Puerto to our small branch. It was super awesome. The members wanted so badly to feed them, and they planned so well but the members here are so incredibly poor that they couldn’t really carry out the plans! It was still so awesome. This week we really focused on getting people to come to branch conference. This week we had 74 people at church! Tons of less actives and we had 5 investigators! That is like a record for here haha. It was a great experience. 

Elder and Sister Wirthlin came down and helped us with our apartment. They are the senior couple assigned in our zone. He put  cover on the door so the rats cant get in. And they gave us 3 huge metal traps. Last night I didn’t hear any! So that’s good. Also we had a spider that was about 3 inches… IN THE HOUSE. So that was awesome. The rats are hopefully no more… 

The work here is GORGEOUS. We went to visit a less active, and her front yard is basically the picture I am sending home! HOLY GORGEOUS.  I just want to swim, but that’s not allowed soooo. That’s cool haha. We have been teaching 2 families and 2 individuals who are preparing to go to Manila next month to go through the temple! President Ostler has sponsors set up to pay for it. In order for them to go to the temple, they need to “promise” to pay a certain amount of money. They have all promised to pay 200 pesos, which is about $2… But that is very difficult for them to come up with! They are gonna do it though. IT is so cool to help people make those covenants! That’s about it this week, our investigators I don’t really know too well. And they don’t read… so that makes it so hard for them to progress! Very different challenges from my last area. But I like it a lot here so far. 


I think Elder Baquiran will be transferring soon, so I need to memorize the area! This area is huge as well, so that makes it hard. Also, rumor has it that the batch of missionaries coming in is about 40, so big transfers of training in 4 weeks! We shall see. But I don’t feel ready for that. Especially in an area like this! I guess we will see. The pictures I have are a Nanay we taught yesterday who ALWAYS wears that awesome hat with weed on it. Then just us walking in our area! And of course the beach. SUPER gorgeous. I love you all. That’s all for this week. Mahal ko po kayo lahat!

Elder Lambert

PS If anyone wants to know the food here is expensive, and there isn't a lot to eat to start with! I am having to be creative with hardly any ingredients. Also, the members can't feed us because they can't afford it. I am expecting to lose more weight haha. But no worries everyone! I am happy and sweaty and my companion is awesome! ;) PS Nana, I wish I could swim but I need to be obedient haha. Love you Nana! Also this is the spider I had to exterminate because I don't do spiders that big in my house. Ang simbahan ito ay totoo. Mahal ko po ugn work ito!
Elder Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment