Monday, March 14, 2016

Week ~ 46

Hello peeps, 

To start, happy birthday to my little/big sister Allie! Your like... 18 I think? So yeah, happy birthday and keep killing it at lacrosse! (Not literally, cause that's bawal.) Make sure you be good. I will have to come home if I hear about you going on too many dates!!  

So... that's another week gone in my mission. I guess I am coming up on my year mark in a couple weeks. I don't even think about it, we are just so busy. This week was good though. Our lessons dropped a little bit this week. We found ourselves not teaching a single lesson on Saturday. I love getting punted  its my fave. We walk super super far. No biggie though. We actually contacted this American less active from Utah. He went to Clearfield high school and his name is Eddie. He is super super less active, his parents are members back in Utah, but Bro. Eddie couldn't care less now. We basically went over there and talked to him. He didn't want a message at all, so we just talked about Utah and like him and stuff. He is super nice, he just has no interest. He is married to a Filipina now and has some kids here. He seems happy! He told us basically that he has our back and if we need anything to let us know. He gave us some like.. Sham Wow sweat rags. So that was super nice of him. 

We had an investigator at sacrament meeting again! Sister Maricel Cabalquinto is super awesome. She is a 29 year old single mom. She has two kids, a 6 year old and a 3 year old. They are hooligans and sometimes distractions in the lessons. Sometimes its very hard to teach her because of them. They are fine though. They went to primary and did just fine yesterday without crying. We are also teaching Sister Maricel's sister Lennie, she is 20. We just barely started teaching her like on Wednesday. She is actually really smart and picks things up really fast. So that is much appreciated. She says that she will follow in her sister's footsteps to baptism if she knows its true. She also mentioned how she is new at the whole "listening to the missionaries thing" which is understandable. So I think that as they continue to listen, they will really progress faster. Sister Maricel is loving it. The RS did a great job at fellow shipping her. She is planning on going to Ward home evening with us on Wednesday and then she is going to try to get work off to go to the RS Anniversary party thing at the other chapel on Saturday. That would be super dope if that could happen. She is always telling us the blessings that she sees in her life since we starting meeting. So their baptismal date is set for April 16! We are super excited for them! 

We had 190 OYMS this week, so we are killing it at that. I really feel like my Tagalog is getting so much better because of all the people that I talk to everyday. I honestly can't really remember what happened this week... It was kind of a blur. I usually have like a funny moment that happened or something buuuut. Got nothin. We had a funny lesson this week though. I remembered now! So, we were contacting a referral, we made it to this guys house. His name is Caesar. The first thing he did was to announce his religion and stuff . That is always awesome to hear. He tells us he is ready to listen to us. So I started explaining we want to start with a him and he basically told me to shut up and asked me who I wanted to lead the prayer. I tried to explain again, so then he rose his arm to the square and started praying! It was actually quite funny so we giggled like a bunch of little kids. Then he basically became the missionary. I spoke like 20 words in 20 minutes and he wouldn't be quiet. Since I couldn't get control of his sermon, I started counting how many scriptures he quoted in his broken English hahaha. I stopped at 33! Super crazy. He even kept waving his finger in our direction and I was about to break it haha. ;)  On top of this, his dog sounded like is was being cooked alive in the next room over. So it was just a mess! A big waste of time I guess. ha-ha. That was about the extent of this week. Here a picture of the main area in our house. kind of messy, and then one of the nativity sets! Love you allllll. 

-- 
Elder Lambert
Philippines, Manila Mission, Earth
Nativity ordered from a member who carved it by hand.

Main area of the Elders apartment

Outside of their apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment