Monday, October 17, 2016

Hello world,

I hope all ya'll are good this past week. I know I was. Congrats to my homies for making it the whole two years and making it home this week safely. I miss you bros and I will see you in about 5 months haha. I hope everyone is doing well though. I wanted to give a few shout outs before I start my email. S/O to Kelsie for turning 12  tomorrow! I can't be;ieve how old you are getting. I wouldn't be surprised if you are taller than me by now, at this point that would be perfectly normal haha. Also a S/O to Allie for killing it at Westminster this last week! And my last one goes out to Mckenna for becoming an awesome goalie for the high school team. We will see what happens in a few months ;) That is all I think.

Time is sure flying here in Tondo. Today we will be starting week 3 in the transfer, marking almost my halfway point in what will probably be my last transfer here in Tondo. I actually really love it here. Sa totoo lang, my nose is completely numb to every bad smell this place can throw at me. I guess thats what you can expect when you serve in the most dense place in the world. It is funny all the things people tell us about this place. Since I have been here, this place has made an 180 degree turn. Since President Duterte came into office, he has been taking out a lot of the addicts in the country, which has all around good effects immediately. We could debate about it all day but, I am just a missionary not a debater. Anyways. I like it here a lot. It used to be a little more dangerous, but now its super good, no worries.  

Yesterday we actually didn't have church! Bishop Altre cancelled it because of the typhoon that came through. The thing is, is that the typhoon wasn't even really hitting here like they projected it. So we had to leave right after personal study and go tell our investigators that church was cancelled. That was about 2 hours. Then we came home and cooked some sweet adobo for the 4 of us. Then we attended at the Santa Cruz ward. That was fun because like 12 missionaries attended that sacrament from 3 different wards. Then we attended their gospel principles class where Law of Chastity was taught. There was one of those crazy investigators there who basically ruined the lesson with ridiculous comments. We just kind of laughed the whole time hahah. One of those splendid Sundays in the mission. 

This week we taught a lot of less active members. In our area we have very little active members. We are trying to find some LA members who we can try to bring back to the church, and while doing that, have them bring a friend. So thats the goal. Our most progressing investigators are still the Delacruz girls and their friend Aljan. We taught them about the Word of Wisdom and the premortal life and about Adam and Eve. We taught the Word of Wisdom so that they can start living it in order to be baptized on November 12. Sister Jahn Mae has a hard time with coffee so that will take some time. The other ones are doing just fine with that. We taught about Adam and Eve the next lesson. The next time we came to teach it, they spent about 50 pesos printing out pictures and things about the story of Adam and Eve. When I looked at it, it seemed to all be from a trusted source because there were Book of Mormon references. We also gave them English Book of Mormons, which they were excited about. It blows my mind how much English there is in this country. Also, the Book of Mormon stories that grandpa Alger sent me, I gave to them. They can understand it because the English is so simple. I thought they would like it, which they do! So that was cool. They are doing so well and always are so excited when we come over to teach them. Even until now, we don't have a lot of people that we are teaching. We go to contact these people, but we just are having a tough time finding those people that are absolutely ready to hear the gospel. We are doing our best though. We have a few people that we will be meeting with tonight and tomorrow. So we will see what happens there. 

This week we had exchanges as well. I worked with Elder Cebuco here in our area. That kid is a super hard worker. He trained Elder Reber right after he got out of his training, so he is still relatively new. He was fun to go on exchanges with. It changes things up a bit when you work with someone else. This week we also might have exchanges on Thursday, just to spice it up a bit. 

We also have interviews this Friday with President Ostler. It seems like just last week we had interviews. Time is sure flying. I can't even believe it. It is a great time to get some personal council about some things that we need to do or improve on. I look forward to that. So yeah, should be a good week. 

I think that is all for this week. The pics I have are of me and Elder Reber wearing our Lionel Messi jerseys we bought, and then we of course we played basketball last week, so I rocked my Curry jersey kasi... Wala lang ;) haha Love you all!

Elder Lambert




-- 
Elder Lambert
Philippines, Manila Mission, Earth

Jollibee on Pday



pday



Another Pday!!





No comments:

Post a Comment