Monday, October 31, 2016

Good morning friends and family,

Not gonna lie, I am getting kind of lazy on emails. But its okay. Lahat tayo ay nagiging tamad yata ;) Its okay because I still love you all :*. Another fast week here in Tondo. It just keeps rolling on here. I just don't know where the time is going na. I am having fun though and doing fine. 

So just a quick update for all of you lovely people:

My stomach is fine. No more giardia. I haven't been saying much about it because I forgot about it. So yeah, no worries there. Matigas ulet ang tae ko. So yes please don't worry about me:) My health is good, I am happy, sweaty, and  happy. It was a super hot week this week. Especially in our house during studies. Like it is almost unbearable. I guess it is kind of normal now though. I have come to love it. I really do love it here. I couldn't have asked for a better mission to be assigned to. I have seen so much in the time I have been here. From Palawan, all the way to the slums of Tondo. I have seen it all and I love it. I guess I have about 2 and a half weeks left here in Tondo. I will be sure to make the most of it. 

This week wasn't too bad in terms of lessons. We are still teaching the kids, Jahn Mae, Kristina, Aljan, Brianne and Stephanie. They are doing so well. They always do their assignments and are so excited for when we come over. They are doing their very best to control their WOW things and all that. I think Sister Kristina and Jahn Mae will be baptized on November 12 and then the other kids maybe the next week, just because of lack of church attendance. So thats okay, with an extra week they will be that much more ready to be baptized. This week we taught them The Gospel of Jesus Christ about faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. They are super smart kids so they understood it really well. They read in Alma 32 and 2 Nephi 31. I love how they just will do all the assignments whether its long or it is simple. It really shows in a person when they actually do their assignments and show their faith a little bit. They are super awesome. So hopefully we can get at least 2 of them baptized before I leave. 

This week we also had exchanges. Me and Elder Cibuco worked in his area on Thursday. We had a good solid day of work over there. We taught lots of good lessons over there in their area. Exchanges are becoming to be one of my favorite things to do in the mission. We can learn a lot from them. Especially since the beginning of this year, I have needed to learn from my exchange companions. Anyways, we had an interesting exchange, especially in one of our lessons. So in their area, there is a member who's husband left her like 2 months ago. She has been having a REALLY hard time and she really is relying on the missionaries and members  to keep her alive. She told us that she had been drinking over the past few days to kind of numb the pain. It was pretty intense. She told us that she wanted to die at that time. It was just super intense lesson. I think about even 6 months ago, that kind of a lesson would be super super hard. Even now, its still not easy but because of my experience in the mission, it is a little more madili lang to help her. It was a good exchange and that member is actually really cool and I know that she can get over her pain and sorrow through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 

This last P-day, we had our zone activity. It was a good solid day! I only forgot to bring my camera. So that wasn't really cool. But it was a good day. We played basketball and watched Big Hero 6! That was a good day to relax and take some stress out. I still suck at basketball and all that, but it was still fun. We had like 10 elders playing basketball and then we bought like 8 pizzas and pounded it. I think I had 8 pieces of pizzas and I could have probably had 2 more pieces. I hadn't seen Big Hero 6 before the mission, but I have now seen it twice in the mission. It is a good movie that is pretty funny too! We also learned that day that Elder Reber is a beast on the piano. He played the Pirate of the Caribbean song on the piano. He killed it. It was a nice P-day though, even though I wasn't wearing my Stephen Curry jersey, I had three 3 point shots including the winning shot, so no probs with my jumper. The work is good though. No complaints. 

Love you all!

PS. I have some sunset pics from our window at our bahay. 

-- 
Elder Lambert
Philippines, Manila Mission, Earth




No comments:

Post a Comment