Monday, May 11, 2015

Week ~ 1





I'm here! Finally. ha-ha! I'm in the Manila mission! I'm serving in the Mandaluyong 2nd ward! I'm serving with Elder Sacay! He's from the Philippines. But the Southern Island. he speaks very good English so that makes it very easy for me to understand him. Lessons are still very hard for me. The language isn't easy. Luckily the people here are very loving and they can understand English pretty well! So that makes it a lot better.

I love the Philippines. I'm no longer "trapped" in the MTC so thats a relief haha, I loved the MTC but its better to have some freedom. We are teaching several people right now, and we actually have like 14 baptismal dates! The only catch is, a rule that Elder Oaks of the quorum of the 12 brought here when he was the area president, but the rule is that a potential investigator has to attend church 4 Sundays in a row and if they miss one their date gets moved back! It's hard to keep them going to church, but that's probably the reason why the Philippines has a 95% retention rate! The highest in the world! So hopefully we can have a baptism soon! I'm excited about that. 

It's so hot here. No AC in any buildings except for the church. I don't stop sweating, but I'll get used to it. The people and members here are so loving with the missionaries. We get some kind of food at the majority of our appointments so that's good ha-ha. 

President Ostler is a super nice guy and very loving toward his missionaries, I look forward to getting to know him. I love the Philippines and I look forward to more time here! I also got to Skype my family and friends today and it was perfect to hear their voices and see them! So, that was good. I love all you guys and miss them! Also, I encourage EVERYONE to read their scriptures personally, AND as a family! As well as family and personal prayer. Another thing, family home evening is so important... Please do it. I love you all!

Love, Elder Lambert






I asked Tanner to send me a picture of his tag. :)


This is Tanner with his MTC companion, he said he loves him but he is doing much better now. ;)


This is Tanner with Elder Luna. He said Elder Luna is very special to him. Elder L. came to the MTC with practically nothing but a willingness to serve the Lord. Elder Lambert got very emotional when talking about this cute Elder. Apparently  he has no family support and worked his way to his mission by doing massages. (Not the best pic... he kinda looks like he stuck his finger in a light socket... :))

No comments:

Post a Comment