Sunday, May 24, 2015

Week ~ 3

Holy cow. Another week done and dusted. Last weeks email kind of sucked, sorry for that haha. I'm trying to be better. I also wanted to thank all of you guys for the Happy Birthday wishes! I had as good of a birthday you can ask for being on a mission haha.

 We had stake conference this weekend so that was nice. Saturday (my birthday) we had the adult session in Makati city. So we had to take a jeepnee there and walk, it was a good old sweaty time, but when am I not sweating? haha we ate at Subway! That was a big deal. American food is a big deal. It was air conditioned so that was good. But we had the adult session right after Subway which was ALSO AIR CONDITIONED. Big deal. It was good though. They focused a lot on member help with the missionary work because thats kind of the struggle right now, so that should get better! As well on Saturday we had the baptismal interview for Brother Ken, the little 8 year old we've been teaching, he is SO excited. So we have a baptism this week! So i'll have pictures of that. Elder Sacay is baptizing him at Brother Ken's request which is fine haha as long as he gets baptized! I'm excited for that.

 Last P day we played basketball for like 3 hours with our district and some Filipinos. Apparently they were amazed at my "skill?" Last time i checked I suck at basketball hahah. But yeah. 

And yes mom members feed us a lot! Last night our bishop fed us fried chicken and other Filipino food. Super yummy! Bishop then proceeded to go buy us Cokes hahah. If anyone wanted to know the Philippines has the best mangos I have ever tasted hands down.  Last P day we bought stuff to make mango banana smoothies! SOBRA MASARAP. We are for sure getting more smoothie stuff. You white Americans have no idea what you are missing out on. So yummy. We eat super well everyday. We cook every meal if members don't feed us so thats good.

 We have also been teaching this kid named J.... He's a member referral from his brother who we just recently reactivated. The kid is 18 years old and he had Word of Wisdom problems. We have been working with him and helped him realize that no one is perfect! And sa pamamagitan ng Pagbabayad Sala ni Jesucristo we can get through anything! He is kind of slow and he has a hard time understanding but we are working with him. He has a baptism date set for July 4th! So hopefully he keeps progressing. 

This week was also Zone Conference. We had 3 zones there including the northern most one on Palawan. We went over President Ostler's new vision for the mission! Basically, he wants us to lead people to the temple. That's the goal. We kind of just baptize them along the way hahaha. It was good though. 

We learned how to do family history work and use that to talk to people! I have my family history booklet and I've taped pictures of my family, friends, and the temple in it! We have found talking about our family history work to be so effective in talking to people. I like to talk about back home because the people think that white people are so fascinating! Its weird to me. 

This work is so awesome! I saw a lot of progress in the language this week, its coming along. Slowly but surely! This work is true ladies and gents. I love you all, My camera cord is struggling (probably because its fake) I'll figure that out! Love you all! And thanks again for the birthday wishes. You guys are amazing.

Love, Elder Lambert

No comments:

Post a Comment