Monday, June 8, 2015

Week ~ 5

Dear everyone,

Another crazy week here! Its still so hot. All the time, I usually lay down in my bed and its about 91 degrees in our apartment. So thats cool. I hope all of you enjoy your air con! Cause we have none. Anyways. Another solid week! 

We had Zone Meeting yesterday and we focused on Hebrews 11. Its all about faith. It made me think of some of my faith building experiences before and during my mission. I thought about how I almost drowned in Moab haha. But that was a big one. Elder Thurber, who's one of the AP's in the mission goes home this next transfer which is 2 weeks away. He's been someone I have really looked up to and who has a strong testimony. He bore his testimony yesterday about pride. He talked about how he wishes that he would have layed his pride down on the table at the beginning of his mission and focused on what the Lord wants. It made me really think. He pointed me out, with tears in his eyes and told me that I was so lucky to have another 22 months on my mission. Out of 40 missionaries in my zone he said that to me. I know that was the Lord prompting him to say that. I know I'm a prideful missionary and I need to change! Thats why I came out here. So that was really cool. I really love Elder Thurber.

 Anyways, we have been teaching a man named Brother Boyet. He is SO amazing. He is so ready for the gospel and is so receptive. He came to church the day after we taught him last week and he also came this week! He accepted a baptismal date as well! He expressed his desire to follow the example of Jesus Christ. He knows this church is true. He only needs to overcome his WOW problem. He's a chain smoker, so we will see how that goes. I have faith that he can do it. We went to visit him yesterday but he was at work, his nanay told us he's been reading the Aklat ni Mormon! I was so happy. He is so ready. He is being fellowshipped as well by many members. He's doing well. 

Yesterday we had a service project to help Bishop Cardona fix up a house he's selling. They asked me if i knew how to install a door nob. Luckily my amazing dad raised me to be a handy man and I told them I could do it! I thought I could. Until the dumb door was so old the knob wouldn't fit! But luckily Filipinos aren't perfectionists like us Americans so we beat the crap out of the door to make it fit haha. So that was good. After that we were fed by bishop's wife. She gave us a Filipino food called ulam. One of my favorites. There's tons of ways to make it. This one had ground beef and potatoes and carrots. SO good. And a bonus, a couple of members were watching the NBA finals while we were eating, so I may or may not have watched a little (dont tell anyone) so that was good. NBA is huge here. 

Yesterday I'm sorry to everyone for not emailing haha. Today is our P day because we are going to the temple! So that's awesome. Last night we got to eat at the senior couples house. Elder and Sister Hansen, they're from Lindon, Utah. They let me eat MANCHOS (nachos made Tanner's way!!)Finally. An american meal.They are so amazing and loving. They're in our ward and basically like our parents. They took us on top of their super nice condo mansion thing which is like 45 floors and we saw the view. HOLY COW MANILA IS BEAUTIFUL AT NIGHT. Its so big too. I loved it. That was a good night.

 I'm starting to really love it here even if the language is hard. People are always yelling to me saying "Hey Joe!" because I'm white hahaha. I'm used to it but kinda funny. It's always so hot here. Also, I GOT MY BIRTHDAY PACKAGES! Thank you Mom and Dad I love you guys! It was so nice to see some food and things from home. I haven't even eaten any of it yet haha. ALso, I got my 10 items you ordered mom so thank you! My knee is fine as well, we eat a lot from members. Sometimes too much haha. I sleep well, I sweat though even with my fan so that's cool. My companion is good. I love Elder Sacay he's awesome. No complaints. I just bought my new birthday present. It should be done in July. Lets just say I don't have my new scriptures anymore ha! Should be good though! PS I got my first pedicure last week for like a dollar. No biggie. And at district meeting last week We had a party with pizza! And the DL got me a cake :) Love Elder Bullock. A solid week though! I love you all. Church is true.
Love, Elder Lambert

It's so nice to see someone got him a cake!!

Happy 19th Elder Lambert!!

P-day! First pedicure ever! I hope he tipped her well. He said it cost $1... ;)
He is in a walking mission and I've heard it's pretty hard on the feet and a lot of the boys get bad ingrown tonails! So.... this is probably a good thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment