Monday, January 11, 2016

Week ~ 37

Hi ya'll. I guess this is it. My stay here on Rizal, Palawan is about
up. I am leaving tomorrow and going to Manila. I'll miss the fresh
air and breeze of Palawan. And the sleep here... It's like perfect
here. Ahhh I already miss that. 


I am actually pregnant right now. I am
pregnant because I will be training again. I am pregnant with a son!
Right now, I still have a toddler here in the mission. My other son,
Elder Garol will be staying here in Rizal and will be getting a new
companion. I will be flying to Manila tomorrow and staying over night
somewhere in Manila, and then Wednesday I will be going to the mission
home to meet my new son! My new baby missionary! We will be going to
Paranaque, Las Pinas, Manila. That is our new area. There is a catch,
since I will be new to the area, and so will my new son, well
basically no one knows the area. WE WILL BE SHOTGUNNING.(mission lingo,

apparently!)So we will both be going to our new apartment and then... I am not sure where
next. I thought that training in Rizal would be super hard, but at
least I knew the area and the members! In Paranaque we wont know
anyone. But we are going to be ready for the challenge. It is just
gonna be a test of my faith. But we can do it. I am SLIGHTLY excited
to go back to the city! I actually wouldn't mind going there for like
2 days and then coming back haha. Buuut, I can't do that haha. 


I am so sad to leave these members. It is going to be an emotional night
tonight, we will be having a bon fire on the beach for my last FHE
with some of the families here. I am excited, but I still have to pack
my bags. This morning Bro. Resane came over to help me wash clothes,
cause I straight up forgot how to do it by hand so hopefully it will
be dry by tonight. Anyways, slightly stressed right now, but we will
be good. 


About our week, kind of a tough week. I found out I would be
training on Saturday, so since then it has been a little hard to
focus. But before that, we just taught and taught! A family member of
Sister Resane passed away. We saw him occasionally, but he was like 79
and a little bit different so we didn't talk much. He just died from old
age. But his family is very sad about it, for 1 reason. THEY DONT KNOW
ABOUT THE PLAN OF SALVATION. The man that passed away is the
father-in-law of Sister Resane's sister. So we know the sister of Sis.
Resane well, but they havn't been prepared enough to be taught. We
took this opportunity to share a message about the POS (plan of 

salvation). It went well. More than anything, Sister Resane wants her family to accept the
gospel. We are friends with them all, but we have slowly been
targeting them to be taught so we have just been friends with them. We
took this death as a green light to share a message. It went well, we
tried to set up a return appoinment but they are always busy. So that's
hard. We will see what Elder Garol can do here for the future! 


This week as well, Elder and Sister Atkinson came here from Brookes Point!
They are a senior couple from Lehi, Utah. They are like 72 and 74 years
old. They have been around the block! This is their 3RD MISSION
TOO. They served twice in Malaysia! So yeah they are super nice. We
had to guide them to a resort which was like 40 minutes drive in their
truck. But they are super nice. They actually have a daughter who
lives in Grandpa Alger's branch ha-ha, kind of a small world. I forgot
the girls name though... Anyways. We taught to Sister Riza with the
Atkinsons and it was great! Even though they can't speak a lick of
Tagalog, I was their translator. I felt pretty important and I was
good enough to tr(Open your mouth) this guy who is a member! He lives 

over by the White Sands beach, which is about a 45 minute walk! You can't 
trike there. He told us to go there and teach his son! So thats a referral for Elder
Garol. So many good things are happening here.. And I wont be here to
see it! But thats okay. 


We spent some time at the church this week locking up the computer because we have a member who loves his internet and some other things (feel free to think about what I mean
here). But we put locks on stuff cause Elder Garol has all the
software to do that. So yeah, that was a royal waste of time in a way.
Other than that, we taught lots and walked lots. I am sure gonna miss
this area. And also, the members of course. But the Lord has lots in
store for me! I am excited though. Also, I won't be able to send
pictures today cause my hard drive thing is parang under construction.
Basically its busy right now, and the internet is pangit anyways...
Next weeek!

I love you all and i can't wait to meet my new son!

-- 
Elder Lambert

Philippines, Manila Mission, Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment