Monday, August 29, 2016

Hey world,

Before we begin, 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE WORLDS BEST MOTHER! 

LOVE YOU MOM. :) THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME AND WHAT YOU STILL CONTINUE TO DO FOR ME. ALSO, ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT WHEN I SHOW A FAMILY PICTURE TO THE PEOPLE HERE, THEY ALWAYS ASK IF YOU ARE LIKE 30 YEARS OLD? :) SO KEEP THAT UP! LOVE YOU MOM! MISS YOU ALWAYS. ❤ I HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD BIRTHDAY.


Update on life: I no longer have that nasty sickness.
Update on life #2: I have a new companion!

His name is Elder Panugau. He is from Bicol. He speaks Bicolano. One of the many languages here in the Philippines. Its interesting when he finds someone from his province he goes straight to speaking his language. I can understand enough of it to get by, but I sure can't speak it. He is a really cool guy though. I met him in Palawan almost a year ago when he was being trained. I never thought we would have been companions. He is a huge Tupac fan, for those of you who know who that is hahaha. He is a funny guy. I am really slacking on the picture part of my life right now. I will get one of us next week. So Elder Langi is in Palawan now, hopefully he will get fluent in Tagalog out there. I miss that guy. My other roommate was replaced by a fresh new missionary straight from Sandy, Utah! His name is Elder Reber, he is a pretty chill kid doing his best to learn Tagalog.

In our area right now, I am really looking forward to having a companion who I can go 50/50 in the work. It has been about 9 months now since I have had that, so I look forward to it! The unity that we have in this new companionship is looking really good so far too. The Manuel family is doing really well too. Now when we go to people, especially them, I know that can understand everything! So we are going to OYM the whole world and get a big teaching pool. We are in dire need of some new people. The Manuel family continues to go to church. Even if their kids are naughty, they still manage to make it there to church every Sunday. Even better news, THEY GOT THEIR NSO PAPERS DONE FOR THEIR MARRIAGE  They will be picking those up on the 31st. So we can start with the planning for the marriage. We are really hoping for this September maybe the 3rd week we can have them baptized. We don't really have too many people moving forward other than them.

Yesterday at church we taught about how to give referrals during a combined EQ and RS lesson. It went well. We are hoping for more referrals be given by the members here. We also touched on fellowshipping for the investigators and LAs that come to church, because there isn't much of that going on. So we are trying to change the culture at church with that. We can only do so much, just do our part. 

The pics I have are of the 2 Tongan homies here in the mission. Elder Eteaki is in my zone so I see him sometimes. And then us with the Manuel family :) 

Not much else going on, just working hard and sweating you know? Love you all! 

-- 
Elder Lambert
Philippines, Manila Mission, Earth




No comments:

Post a Comment